The more I read my notes from the iRelaunch Return to Work Conference from October 4th, the more I realize how much I gained from it. Not only did I get great tips and meet lots of women who also hope to relaunch, but I learned about employers who are interested in hiring relaunchers and groups that are out there to support us.
One of those groups is Mothers & More. iRelaunch founders Carol Fishman Cohen and Vivian Steir Rabin specifically mentioned Mothers & More and encouraged relaunchers to join. Why? Not only is it a source of support, but it’s a potential source of contacts!
Here are some highlights from their website:
- Mothers & More is a nationwide network of chapters helping women connect face-to-face and virtually.
- It’s not just for stay-at-home moms. 48% of their members work outside the home.
- They have more than 30 on-line topical discussions ranging from toddlers to advocacy to a reading club. (They currently have a working mothers loop but not one for women thinking about re-entering the work force.)
- Mothers & More believes we live in a society that presents significant barriers to our ability to succeed as mothers, citizens, and participants in the workforce, and they undertake advocacy to eliminate those barriers.
- Every Mother’s Day they conduct a campaign to raise awareness about issues affecting mothers. Past issues included Women at Work and the Power of the Purse — a campaign to collect new and gently used purses for women in need and to raise awareness that all women need economic power over their lives.
- Membership is just $45 a year.